1/1 Photo of Mexican Burritos in a Jiffy
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This low fat version of burritos is one of DD's favourite recipes.When DD was younger I used it as a way to sneak in veggies that she wouldn't otherwise eat. The original recipe was found in Anne Lindsay's Lighthearted Everyday Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-fat refried beans
- 1/3 cup salsa (mild or hot, your choice)
- 36 inches flour tortillas
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 small green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- lettuce, shredded
- salsa or taco sauce
- light sour cream or low-fat yogurt
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a small bowl, combine beans and salsa, mixing well.
- 3Spread 1/3 cup mixture over each tortilla, leaving a 1" border.
- 4Sprinkle tomato, green onions, green pepper, zucchini and half the cheese over the tortillas.
- 5Roll up tortillas and place, seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes until cheese melts and tortillas are heated through.
- 7Serve on bed of shredded lettuce and allow diners to add salsa or taco sauce and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Burritos in a Jiffy
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 533.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat refried beans
lowfat mozzarella cheese