This is a great way to make meat for tacos, burritos or nachos without having to purchase the taco seasoning!! This is a recipe from Taste of Home, that I changed slightly for our tastes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (small)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 taco shells, flour tortillas or 4 tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese, sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, oregano, garlic powder and paprka.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with taco shells. Garnish with toppings if desired.