Teresa M's Note:
Refried beans layered with avocados and sour cream, topped with cheese, tomatoes, olives & onions. It's a great party dish & leftovers can be used as burrito filling. The prep time includes time for soaking the beans overnight.
My Private Note
"9x12 p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup dried beans
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- jalapeno pepper (optional)
- nacho chip
- 1For Bean Dip, Soak beans overnight in cold water.
- 2Drain, rinse and cover beans with 2 cups water.
- 3Add a dash of salt and simmer beans until easily mashed.
- 4Remove from heat (water should be cooked away),& purée with salsa.
- 5Season to taste with garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- 6Spread bean dip in a 9x13-inch pan.
- 7Mash the avocados with the lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- 8Spread avocado/lemon juice mixture over bean mixture.
- 9Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning mix.
- 10Spread over the avocado mixture.
- 11Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of sour cream mixture, layer the tomatoes, black& green olives, and the green onions.
- 12Sprinkle chopped jalapenos on top, if desired.
- 13Serve with nacho chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 411.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix