Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Refried beans layered with avocados and sour cream, topped with cheese, tomatoes, olives & onions. It's a great party dish & leftovers can be used as burrito filling. The prep time includes time for soaking the beans overnight.
- 3⁄4 cup dried beans
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- jalapeno pepper (optional)
- nacho chip
- For Bean Dip, Soak beans overnight in cold water.
- Drain, rinse and cover beans with 2 cups water.
- Add a dash of salt and simmer beans until easily mashed.
- Remove from heat (water should be cooked away),& purée with salsa.
- Season to taste with garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Spread bean dip in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mash the avocados with the lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado/lemon juice mixture over bean mixture.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning mix.
- Spread over the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of sour cream mixture, layer the tomatoes, black& green olives, and the green onions.
- Sprinkle chopped jalapenos on top, if desired.
- Serve with nacho chips.