Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to me by my siser over 15 years ago, and I have many requests for it. When layered in a glass dish, it's very colorful for holiday parties. For a more casual get together with a festive look, such as a BBQ, layer it in a 10" iron skillet, and tie a bandana around the handle.
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans or 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) container single cream or 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- jalapeno pepper, sliced,from jar
- shredded lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato, , chopped in small chunks
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- Mix taco seasoning with beans and spread in a 13x9 inch glass dish.
- Layer sour cream, onion, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese& olives in that order.
- Serve with tortilla chips or scooper size Fritos.
Paulette, My daughter and I made this for a wedding shower last week. It was sooooo Goooood!!! Like a big scrumptious taco salad.We used tortilla chips,and everybody loved it. We made two big trays of it and it was all gone!! Thanks for a successful shower. Darlene Summers