Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mexican comfort food! Cream cheese, deliciously marinated chicken and spinach stuffed inside flour tortillas topped with a Mexican flavor-boosted sour cream sauce. P.S. This is a great make-ahead meal that you can serve when having company.
- 1 cup goya bitter orange marinade (or 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice)
- 1 cup bottled mojo marinade
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon goya brand adobo seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 -6 chicken legs, marinated overnight then baked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 ounces frozen spinach
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared taco seasoning (I use my home made In a Pinch Taco Seasoning-posted as number 383173)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 large burrito style flour tortillas, cut in half
TOPPING (use reserved marinade)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove chicken from marinade but reserve the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken in baking dish and pour marinade over it.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, basting often with marinade.
- Remove chicken (SAVE THE MARINADE).
- Allow chicken to cool, then de-bone, shred and set chicken aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add spinach and cook, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Add cream cheese, milk, taco seasoning and salt (if you're using it).
- Cook until cheese has melted then toss in the shredded chicken.
- Add a tablespoon or two of the spinach/cream cheese mixture to each tortilla half and roll.
- Place seam side down in glass casserole dish.
- If making ahead, simply cover with foil and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup sour cream, the saved marinade and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and stir until well blended.
- Pour sour cream mixture over enchiladas and bake for 20-25 minutes.