1 hr 20 mins
Mexican comfort food! Cream cheese, deliciously marinated chicken and spinach stuffed inside flour tortillas topped with a Mexican flavor-boosted sour cream sauce. P.S. This is a great make-ahead meal that you can serve when having company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup goya bitter orange marinade (or 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice)
- 1 cup bottled mojo marinade
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon goya brand adobo seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 -6 chicken legs, marinated overnight then baked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -6 ounces frozen spinach
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared taco seasoning (I use my home made In a Pinch Taco Seasoning-posted as number 383173)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 large burrito style flour tortillas, cut in half
TOPPING (use reserved marinade)
- 1Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over chicken.
- 2Refrigerate overnight.
- 3The next day, remove chicken from marinade but reserve the marinade.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 5Place chicken in baking dish and pour marinade over it.
- 6Bake for approximately 35 minutes, basting often with marinade.
- 7Remove chicken (SAVE THE MARINADE).
- 8Allow chicken to cool, then de-bone, shred and set chicken aside.
- 9In a skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- 10When oil is hot, add spinach and cook, stirring frequently until heated through.
- 11Add cream cheese, milk, taco seasoning and salt (if you're using it).
- 12Cook until cheese has melted then toss in the shredded chicken.
- 13Add a tablespoon or two of the spinach/cream cheese mixture to each tortilla half and roll.
- 14Place seam side down in glass casserole dish.
- 15If making ahead, simply cover with foil and refrigerate.
- 16Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 17In a bowl, combine 1 cup sour cream, the saved marinade and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and stir until well blended.
- 18Pour sour cream mixture over enchiladas and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi-Comfort Spinach and Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1051.0
- Calories from Fat 562
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 238.9 mg
- Sodium 1102.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 56.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
goya bitter orange marinade