Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These little Spanish snacks (tapas) probably originated in the Middle East and were carried by the Moors into Spain. Travelers and traders could carry these snacks easily, and versions can be seen throughout the Latin world under various names. These delicious little minced meat pies are popular in Mexico and northern New Mexico at Christmas time. (See my recipe for Empanada Dough.)
- Boil meat until tender, cool, grind fine.
- To 2 cups of the minced meat, add the spices, nuts, brown sugar.
- The filling must be moist.
- If the filling is too dry, add more apple jelly or corn syrup.
- (Cooking time includes preparation time).