Quick cooking keeps the shrimps tender, do not over cook. Tastes great over the raw red onions. Easy, quick main course. The blend of flavor with the tequilla, lime and cilantro is so Mexican
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup gold tequila or 1/4 cup white tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon graterd lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lb shrimp (25 per lb size)
- 3 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur (more, your choice)
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1In a pyrex/glass bowl mix the tequilla, lime peel, lime juice, water, honey, and pepper Pour tequilla mixture into a non stick fry pan.
- 2Add shrimp and cook over medium high heat until the shrimp are pink 3-4 minutes Transfer shrimp to a bowl and keep warm.
- 3Bring cooking liquid to a boil and reduce to 1/3 cup.
- 4Remove pan from the heat and stir in the liquor (don't do this too quickly you want the alcohol to evaporate but still keep the flavor) While you are doing all this (or ahead of time) thinly slice the red onions and arrange the onions in a single layer on a platter, spoon the shrimp and liquid over the onions.
- 5Season to taste, garnish with sprigs of cilantro& lime wedges, if you wish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 256.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: