1/2 Photos of Margarita Fajitas Chicken
4 hrs 20 mins
Lori Fields's Note:
This recipe was inspired by a meal I had at a local restaurant. The marinade is also great if you want to leave the chicken breasts whole and grill out in the summer. Of course, a good margarita or sangria are my beverages of choice with this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g Corona beer
- 78.07 ml tequila (Jose Cuervo Gold is best)
- 78.07 ml Rose's lime juice or 78.07 ml lime juice
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 green peppers, sliced into rings (or 1 red and 1 green)
- 1 onion, sliced, rings separated
- 8 soft flour tortillas
Toppings (as desired)
- 1In a medium bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- 2Add chicken strips and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3(Overnight works best, if possible) Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet (it works best for blackening the chicken).
- 4When thoroughly heated, add the chicken and cook until just starting to turn golden.
- 5Add the pepper and onion rings and cook until chicken starts to blacken and onions start to caramelize.
- 6Heat the tortillas in a tortilla warmer.
- 7If you don't have a tortilla warmer, I've found that putting the tortillas in a glass pie dish with a damp cloth covering them in a microwave for+/- 2 minutes works for me.
- 8Place 1 or 2 strips of chicken with some of the grilled onions and peppers in a tortilla.
- 9Top as desired with remaining ingredients.
- 10It's kinda fun to let people create their own.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Fajitas Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.4
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 479.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Rose's lime juice