Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from a recipe in the Chile Pepper magazine. This particular recipe hails from the La Cocina restaurant.
- Note: To prepare a simple syrup, mix one part water with 2 parts sugar and bring to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place cucumber, lime juice, cointreau, simple syrup, and tequila in blender and process until smooth.
- Mix ground chile or cayenne with salt; run lime wedge around rim of margarita glasses, and holding glass inverted, dust the wet part on the outside with salt/chile mixture until rim is coated (this keep salt out of drink by not dipping into the salt).
- Pour drink mix into glasses, and garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve with ice, if desired.