This is one of our favorite make ahead week night treats!
Make and share this Make Ahead Mexican Chicken and Potatoes. recipe from Food.com.
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Cut Chicken in half to make two thin slices instead of one thick breast.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer into an 8 x 8 baking pan sprayed with pam (or line it with foil).
- Dredge each piece in taco seasoning mix that you poured into a pie plate to coat. Place the chicken pieces on top of the potatoes.
- Cover with the salsa and then the cheese.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minute or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- This is where I stop when I make this ahead of time and throw it in the freezer to eat later in the week. I also usually do this in 2 small dishes as there are only 2 of us!
- Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave.
- Top each serving with sour cream to serve, if desired.