1/1 Photo of Maias Layered Chicken Enchiladas Verde
1 hr 25 mins
Delicious and easy recipe for chicken enchiladas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (10 count) package corn tortillas
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (verde)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tomatillo salsa
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or jack)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 1In a pot, add water chicken thighs, garlic powder, onion powder and seasoning salt.
- 2Simmer until chicken thighs are cooked and fork tender.
- 3Remove chicken thighs from liquid and using 2 forks shred the chicken meat.
- 4Mix shredded chicken, 1 can of salsa and 1 cup of cheese.
- 5Grease a baking dish, line 5 tortillas on the bottom then layer the other ingredients; chicken mixture, olives, roughly 1/2 of the enchilada sauce and cheese.
- 6Repeat layering twice (or until you use up all your ingredients).
- 7You want your last layers to be sauce and cheese so you get a nice bubbly top on the dish.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 45- 55 min or until cheese is bubbly and the entire dish is warmed through.
- 9Serve with fresh chopped cilantro (optional) and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maias Layered Chicken Enchiladas Verde
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.4 mg
- Sodium 1395.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: