1/1 Photo of Machaca
8 hrs 30 mins
Happy Hippie's Note:
Credit for this masterpiece recipe goes to my sister, Judy, the best cook I know. I can't imagine this machaca recipe being beaten by any other, at least any other I've tried which are many.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In crockpot, cook roast on low heat 8-10 hours.
- 2Remove from pot and shred beef.
- 3In skillet, saute diced onion and green bell pepper until lightly browned.
- 4Add garlic and saute with onion for an additional minute or so.
- 5Add shredded beef to a very large skillet or dutch oven and heat with onion/garlic mixture.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Add green chilis and tomatoes.
- 8Cook until well heated.
- 9Break eggs into a bowl and scramble.
- 10Add to meat mixture and cook until eggs are done and scrambled throughout.
- 11Add enough El Pato tomato sauce to moisten but not drench.
- 12When all is heated through, serve in large flour tortillas burrito style adding condiments as you wish.
- 13NOTE: If you eliminate the eggs, this makes a wonderful chimichanga filling as well.
Nutritional Facts for Machaca
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.8
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 367.9 mg
- Sodium 253.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 49.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy tomato sauce