So good and can add ground turkey. hamburger, cooked chicken - pork etc. and make it a meal. or leave it as a side dish. I also sometimes add Jalapeno Peppers for a kick! I also use brown rice. The prep time includes cooking and cooling rice Found it on Taste of Home
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, Mexicorn, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, cheddar cheese, pepper and rice. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.