Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was looking for a low cal recipe to fit within my Weight Watchers point system, I invented this for 2 points per enchilada. Enjoy!
- 3 dried ancho chiles
- 2 small tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tortillas
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1 bell pepper, any color
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 cup part skim colby-monterey jack cheese
- For the Enchilada Sauce: Boil Ancho peppers, de-vein, de seed. Put "meat" of pepper in the blender with tomatos, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, clove, pepper, vinegar, teaspoon of salt and a little bit of the cooking liquid until it is a thin paste.
- Saute all the remaining veggies with a spray of Pam and some salt/pepper/1 T garlic. Add the spinach last.
- Warm tortillas on a griddle with a little bit of Spray Oil (i.e., Pam).
- Dip the tortilla in the Enchilada sauce, cover both sides, Fill with Veggies and 1 T of cheese. Roll, put in baking pan.
- When all are rolled, pour rest of sauce over the baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through in a 350 degree oven.
This was fantastic! I used more cheese (what? i love cheese!) and it was amazing! i will DEFINITELY be making this again!