1/1 Photo of Low-Fat, Low-Calorie, Jalapeno Cornbread
We have been on a diet and doing really well, but was craving cornbread. So, I made up this recipe, and it actually turned out really good. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Twin (or other artificial sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soured skim milk (To make soured milk-put 1 TBSP lemon juice or vinegar in a measuring cup, then fill rest of the way )
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno, drained and chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F; grease an 8-inch square pan or glass dish.
- 2Combine corn meal and soured milk in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine other dry ingredients in a larger bowl.
- 3Add crushed pineapple and egg (or egg whites) to corn meal mixture. Mix until combined.
- 4Add corn meal mixture to dry ingredients, mix until well combined.
- 5Add jalapenos and fold into mixture. (If it seems to thick, add a quick splash more milk and mix again).
- 6Pour into greased pan and cook for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean and the bread is golden brown.
- 7After cooked, slice into 9 slices and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat, Low-Calorie, Jalapeno Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 134.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: