1/1 Photo of Low-fat Hot Mexican Bean Dip
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is a great-tasting no-guilt bean dip recipe. Serve with reduced fat chips and you have a delightful snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream or 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1Place the beans, sour cream, chil powder and cumin in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- 2Spread the mixture over the bottom of a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- 3Top with the cheese, followed by the scallions, olives and jalapenos.
- 4Serve at room temperature or hot.
- 5If using a microwave oven, heat on high (100 percent power) for 5 to 6 minutes or until the edges are bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- 6If using a conventional oven, bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 7Serve with reduced fat tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-fat Hot Mexican Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 200.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese