serve with low fat spiced black beans
Make and share this Low-Fat Carnitas recipe from Food.com.
- To a 7- to 8-quart pan, add pork, broth, onion, coriander, cumin, oregano, chilies in sauce, sauce, and bay leaves. Add water to cover the pork.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until meat pulls apart easily with a fork, 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain broth.
- Cover pork with enough broth to keep moist and use remaining broth for Spiced Black Beans.
- To bake carnitas, pull pork large shreds and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Spoon some broth over to keep moist. Broil pork until slightly crisp (watching carefully), turn, moisten if necessary and broil again.