Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The main keys are use good live lobsters of course, and do not overcook! This is an elegant dish so don't skimp on the ingredients.
64 oz White Wine Sauce
- 12 ounces lobster shells
- 8 ounces onions
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 ounce tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 ounces brandy
- 1 1⁄2 quarts shellfish veloute (shellfish stock thickened by white roux)
- 16 ounces heavy cream, heated
- 16 ounces lobster tail meat
- 4 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces white wine
- 1 lb lobster tail meat
- 10 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces brie cheese, shredded
- Saute the lobster shells and onions in butter, then add garlic, paprika, and tomato paste.
- Cook out for a few minutes.
- Add the brandy and deglaze.
- Let the brandy reduce until dry.
- Now add the veloute, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain sauce through a cheesecloth.
- Return the sauce to a simmer and add the heavy cream.
- Dice the lobster meat, saute, and add to the sauce, simmering gently for 5 minutes.
- Strain and reserve.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, Backdraft and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the white wine immediately before serving.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Soften the tortillas (see TIP below) and roll tortilla into enchiladas, filling each with about 3 tablespoons Lobster and Brie mixture.
- Bake enchiladas for 8-10 minutes until cooked, but not crisped.
- Remove and serve two per person, covering each portion with plenty of sauce.
- TIP: To soften the tortillas, run them, one at a time, under running water.
- Shake off excess water, and then place in a hot non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- In about 15 seconds, steam will begin to escape; flip the tortilla and heat the over side.
- Roll immediately.
- To soften in the microwave, wrap 5-10 tortillas in plastic bag, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of water.
- Heat for up 45-60 seconds.
- Roll immediately.