Chef Luis Aguilar's Note:
The main keys are use good live lobsters of course, and do not overcook! This is an elegant dish so don't skimp on the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
64 oz White Wine Sauce
- 12 ounces lobster shells
- 8 ounces onions
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 ounce tomato paste
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy
- 1 1/2 quarts shellfish veloute (shellfish stock thickened by white roux)
- 16 ounces heavy cream, heated
- 16 ounces lobster tail meat
- 4 ounces coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces white wine
- 1 lb lobster tail meat
- 10 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces brie cheese, shredded
- 1Saute the lobster shells and onions in butter, then add garlic, paprika, and tomato paste.
- 2Cook out for a few minutes.
- 3Add the brandy and deglaze.
- 4Let the brandy reduce until dry.
- 5Now add the veloute, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 6Strain sauce through a cheesecloth.
- 7Return the sauce to a simmer and add the heavy cream.
- 8Dice the lobster meat, saute, and add to the sauce, simmering gently for 5 minutes.
- 9Strain and reserve.
- 10Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, Backdraft and Worcestershire sauce.
- 11Add the white wine immediately before serving.
- 12Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- 13Soften the tortillas (see TIP below) and roll tortilla into enchiladas, filling each with about 3 tablespoons Lobster and Brie mixture.
- 14Bake enchiladas for 8-10 minutes until cooked, but not crisped.
- 15Remove and serve two per person, covering each portion with plenty of sauce.
- 16TIP: To soften the tortillas, run them, one at a time, under running water.
- 17Shake off excess water, and then place in a hot non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- 18In about 15 seconds, steam will begin to escape; flip the tortilla and heat the over side.
- 19Roll immediately.
- 20To soften in the microwave, wrap 5-10 tortillas in plastic bag, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of water.
- 21Heat for up 45-60 seconds.
- 22Roll immediately.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Enchiladas w/White wine sauce
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1021.2
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 38.7 g
- Cholesterol 499.5 mg
- Sodium 2072.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 58.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning