1/1 Photo of Linda's Mexican Meatloaf
1 hr 15 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
I love meatloaf, and love creating new ones to try. This is one that I created with a Mexican twist in mind... It is just wonderful, and is a WINNER for sure!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup instant minced onion or 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to your liking (optional)
- 8 ounces sargento's shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, I use reduced fat
- 1Mix the hamburger, minced onions, bread crumbs, beaten egg, and Italian Seasoning together well with your hands.
- 2Add in the ketchup, 1/2 the can of tomato sauce, and 1/2 the can of Ro-tel tomatoes. Mix well.
- 3Put 1/2 the mixture into an oven-proof baking pan (I used a teflon pan), making a square or a circle, whichever you prefer.
- 4Cover the top of the meat mixture with a generous amount of cheese, not coming quite to the edge.
- 5Top the cheese with the rest of the hamburger mix, and pat down to make a loaf. Press the sides together a little so the cheese won't drip out when cooking.
- 6Mix the tomato sauce and Ro-tel tomatoes together and spread on top of the meatloaf.
- 7Bake in a 350 oven, for about 30 minutes before taking it out, to drain off the juices in the pan. (I set the juices aside to put in my Mexican Rice, as part of the water to make the rice).
- 8Put back in oven for 30 more minutes then take out, and cover to top of the meatloaf with the rest of the cheese.
- 9Put back in the oven, and watch carefully for the cheese to melt on top.
- 10Remove, cut, and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Mexican Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1195.5
- Calories from Fat 567
- Total Fat 63.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 361.0 mg
- Sodium 4208.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 85.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: