Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's a simple, flavourful marinate for chicken or shrimp.
Make and share this Lime Cumin Marinade for Chicken or Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together well in small bowl.
- Adjust seasoning if desired.
- Place chicken or shrimp in ziplock bag and pour in marinade.
- For shrimp- marinate no longer than 1 hour.
- For chicken- marinate no longer than 4 hours.
- (The reason for the shortened marinating time is that the lime starts to"cook" the meat or seafood.) Grill!
We used this for a summer dinner party on both shrimp and chicken. They both turned out great, but we took the advice and only left the shrimp in for about 20 or 30 minutes, which was perfect. The chicken was in for a little longer, so you could taste more of the marinade, which was just as good.
I used it to marinate some scallops, then cooked into a light curry with asparagus. Super yummy! Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to use on shrimps/chicken.