Very fun, very fast dinner. Can make the leftovers into a taco salad to take for lunch the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) jar salsa (lowest carb as possible)
- 1 (2 cup) bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce hearts
- 8 ounces of drained black beans (optional)
- 1Chop onion, seed jalepeno and chop 1/4 of it very finely, slice or dice the rest and set aside for a taco topping later.
- 2In a frying pan brown meat with onion and as much of the finely chopped jalepeno as you'd like (i normally only use a pinch or two).
- 3Drain meat, return to frying pan and mix in 1/2 packet of taco seasoning (if you're watching carbs or sugar, if not, use the whole thing) simmer on low heat.
- 4cut tomato, avocado, carefully peel lettuce leaves apart and clean them.
- 5arrange tomato, avocado, jalepeno and lettuce leaves on a plate, throw a spoon in the corn, meat, cheese, sour cream and salsa and have everyone assemble tacos in the lettuce instead of taco shells.
- 6IF you have leftovers make a salad and take it to work for lunch :).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lettuce Tacos (Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 269.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g