1 hr 15 mins
Mr. Ladypit's Note:
I modified this from a recipe I heard on Zorba Pasteur's show on NPR. I was afraid it was going to be bland but it turned out to have wonderful flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup French lentils (or other small green ones)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package veggie crumbles
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 6 large corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (16 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large pot, bring 2 cups water to boil. Add lentils and cook on medium 20-25 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and set aside. Reserve cooking water.
- 3Heat olive oil in large pan. Add chopped chilies, garlic, onion, crumbles, tomato paste, parsley and cumin. Sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Add 1/2 cup reserved cooking water, lentils, and vegetable bouillon cubes. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- 5Add rice and mix thoroughly.
- 6Fill all tortillas with lentil mixture and some shredded cheese and place in a baking dish (casserole type).
- 7Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas and add remaining cheese.
- 8Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 1015.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes
fat-free cheddar cheese