1/1 Photo of Leftover Turkey - Enchiladas
What to do with all the leftover Holiday Turkey Meat - This was a big hit, and a treat to have something spicy after holiday eating holiday leftovers for a few days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups leftover cooked dark turkey meat, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced (to taste)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, fresh minced (to taste)
- 3 cups enchilada sauce, divided (recipezaar Texas Red Enchilada Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine (optional)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (any type will work)
- 8 -10 small flour tortillas, warmed (smaller size 6-8-inch)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained and diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Heat a skillet to medium, add some oil and saute the onions for a few minutes then add the peppers and garlic and saute until the onion become translucent.
- 3Add Tomatoes, seasonings, Stir to combine.
- 4Add Turkey and 1 cup of enchilada sauce - stir - simmer until some of the liquid has evaporated (not too juicy any more).
- 5Add cream cheese and stir until well incorporated. Simmer for a few minutes longer.
- 6In a 9X13" pan add 1 cup of enchilada sauce and coat bottom of pan.
- 7Add about 1/4-1/3 cup of meat mixture to each tortillia - roll tortilla and place seem side down in a baking dish (just roll, don't fold ends).
- 8Pour remaining Enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas.
- 9Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- 10Bake i for about 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and side are bubbling slightly.
- 11Variations - Add a can of black beans (rinsed and drained) to the meat mixture after incorporating the cream cheese.
- 12Toppings (suggestions) - Salsa, lettuce, Chopped Olives, Chopped Onion, Chopped tomatoes, chopped jalapeno's.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Turkey - Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.0
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.9 mg
- Sodium 1810.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 33.5 g