Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An elegant, yet easy way to start off any party!! This dip has a great eye appeal...You may have to take the first bite just to get others to join in!! They will be glad you and they did though!!Cook time includes chill time. Preferably for me it would be overnight just to let flavors blend. However, I am sure it would be acceptable after 3 to 4 hours of chill time.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (6 ounce) container frozen avocado dip, thawed
- shredded cheese
- chopped tomato
- sliced green onion
- sliced ripe olives
- tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, brown meat; pour off fat.
- Add chilies and bouillon; cook and stir until bouillon dissolves.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream and taco seasoning mix; set aside.
- In 7 or 8" springform pan (I prefer the use of the springform pan for a dramatic presentation) or on large plate, spread beans.
- Top with meat mixture, sour cream and avocado dip.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with cheese, tomatoes, onions and olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers, if there are any!
- **Note-I find it works best to chill between layers of sour cream and avocado dip for spreadability.
- The finished product and beauty of the layers is much more pronounced this way.