1/7 Photos of Las Manitas Enchiladas Zacatecanas
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
SUPERB! is the only way I can describe this AUTHENTIC Mexican dish served at Las Manitas or little hands, an amazing restaurant in the heart of Austin owned by sisters Lidia and Cynthia Perez. Sad day :( This restaurant closed 9/4 due to downtown development in Austin. We miss you Las Manitas! Hurry back so we can come to your new location! The Congress Avenue cafe is as much an Austin institution as the bats under the bridge. Food for the eye is served here as well! The owners are also the founders of La Pena, an organization to promote Latin arts, and display this amazing artwork proudly. So if you find yourself in our beautiful capitol make sure you stop in for an amazing treat! If you can't make it to Texas, bring Texas to you with this amazing recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 corn tortillas
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1In a large saucepan melt butter using low heat. Add the garlic, onions, tomato, bell peppers, pepper, marjoram, cilantro and cumin and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in shredded chicken and sauté briefly. Add tomato sauce and broth, taste and add salt if needed.
- 3Meanwhile, place chiles in a blender with water, cheese, olive oil, sour cream and flour tortillas. Purée until smooth adding water if necessary to get the mixture moving. The sauce should be thick but thin enough to be pourable.
- 4In a saute pan using medium-high heat add a drizzle of olive oil. When oil and pan are hot add the sauce and salt. It will sizzle when added to the oil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet or sauté pan. Quickly fry corn tortillas for just a few seconds on each side or heat them in a microwave in paper towels to soften.
- 6Fill tortillas with chicken, roll and place seam side down in serving dish or on plate and pour sauce on top.
- 7Serve with additional cheese, and garnish with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Las Manitas Enchiladas Zacatecanas
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1394.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: