1/4 Photos of Kpd's Awesome Retro Burritos, Tacos or Chimichangas
This is my basic recipe for a Mexican ground beef mixture. This way everyone can make what they want: DH makes burritos, I make tacos or chimichangas, and DD makes what I call a fiesta bowl! I usually double the recipe so we can use the leftovers for a Nacho Night! If I'm low on time or spices, I'll just throw in a taco packet, no biggie! Please use your judgement on the seasonings: we like it spicy, so I actually use a lot more than written...if you prefer mild, go a little light initially and increase as necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 -2 serrano peppers or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup beer (I prefer Pacifico)
- 1Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain.
- 2Add onions, peppers and garlic to skillet. Saute 3-5 minutes with beef.
- 3Add seasonings or a taco packet to meat and veggies. Pour beer into skillet and stir well to combine (add more beer if mixture needs moistening).
- 4***Serve with warmed flour tortillas, taco shells, spanish rice, and beans.
- 5***Garnish with shredded cheese, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream and guacamole!
- 6***To make a burrito: Place meat and desired fillings in middle of warmed tortilla, fold the sides in and roll up to make a yummy little package.
- 7***To make a chimi: Roll like you're rolling a burrito, place on baking sheet folded side down, brush tortilla with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or butter, and bake 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until browned and crispy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kpd's Awesome Retro Burritos, Tacos or Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.7
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 238.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 22.5 g