1/3 Photos of Kittencal's Spanish Rice
Although this only uses one cup of rice this will make enough for four very hearty servings or six smaller, you may double if desired but I suggest to make in a saucepan --- make this as spicy as desired by adjusting the chili flakes and jalapeño pepper --- half a package of taco seasoning mix may be used in place of the cumin and chili powder, converted rice only for this :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes (adjust amount to suit heat level)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, finely chopped (do not mince finely)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain converted white rice (Use Uncle Ben's)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (or use beef broth or water)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup canned and drained corn kernels or 1 cup frozen peas
- chopped green onion
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add in cumin, paprika, chili powder, paprika, chili flakes, onions, green bell pepper and jalapeño pepper (if using) cook stirring for about 4 minutes or until onions are translucent).
- 2Add in garlic; cook stirring 2 minutes.
- 3Add in rice and stir for 1 minute.
- 4Add in tomato sauce, picante sauce, water or broth, seasoned salt, black pepper and corn or peas; mix with a spoon and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 5Reduce heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6Sprinkle the top with chopped green onions if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1479.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: