1/2 Photos of King Ranch Chicken Casserole (Oamc)
This version reminds me of the one served at Mama's Cafe in San Antonio, TX. YUM! You can add some heat by using Hot Picante Sauce and/or Hot Rotel. Now living in Iowa, this reminds me of home. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup picante sauce (heat level according taste)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (or 2 cans drained Rotel)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (can used canned chicken)
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch pieces (6 inch)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix soup, picante sauce, sour cream, chili powder, tomatoes (or Rotel), and chicken.
- 3In 2-quart shallow baking dish, spread 1/2 of the tortilla pieces to cover the bottom. Top with 1/2 the chicken mixture.
- 4Repeat layers.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese and onions.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until hot.
- 7If desired, serve with additional picante sauce, sour cream, onions, black olives, shredded cheese.
- 8TO FREEZE: Freeze chicken mixture in Ziploc bags uncooked.
- 9TO SERVE: Defrost chicken mixture. Arrange corn tortillas and chicken mixture according to above directions and bake.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Ranch Chicken Casserole (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.1
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 1184.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 41.3 g