1 hr 20 mins
Rhonda O's Note:
A Lady from my work made copies of this and passed them out. She said it was really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat oven to 325° for at least 20 minutes.
- 2Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Add chopped onion and bell peppers; sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in chopped cooked chicken and next 5 ingredients: cook stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- 4Place half of crushed tortilla chips in bottom of pan.
- 5Layer with half each of chicken mixture and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 6Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- 7Bake uncovered at 325° for 45 minutes or until mixture is throughly heated.
- 8Garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Ranch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 1183.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 29.7 g