Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Lady from my work made copies of this and passed them out. She said it was really good.
Make and share this King Ranch Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 325° for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion and bell peppers; sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in chopped cooked chicken and next 5 ingredients: cook stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Place half of crushed tortilla chips in bottom of pan.
- Layer with half each of chicken mixture and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 45 minutes or until mixture is throughly heated.
- Garnish if desired.