Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
A Lady from my work made copies of this and passed them out. She said it was really good.
Make and share this King Ranch Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 325° for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion and bell peppers; sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in chopped cooked chicken and next 5 ingredients: cook stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Place half of crushed tortilla chips in bottom of pan.
- Layer with half each of chicken mixture and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 45 minutes or until mixture is throughly heated.
- Garnish if desired.
I have made this many times. I even have guests request this dish when they are coming for dinner!
we all loved this. because my canned tomatoes and green chiles were very spicy, i didn't add the chile powder and cumin. it looks all mushy but tastes wonderful.
This was very quick and easy and tasted good! My husband liked it very much. Will be doing this again. Thanks for sharing.