1/3 Photos of Kinda Sorta Tex Mex Burger
I threw these together tonight when getting in the mood for ZWT5. When I think 'Texas' I often think of good BBQ and beef. When I think of Mexico I tend to think of a bit of heat and fresh tomatoes and avocado. So, I threw them together to make one yummy burger. So, it may not be real tex mex but it comes out of the ideas of Texas and Mexico that float around in my,admittedly odd, brain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used panko)
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices red onions
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
For avocado mixture
- 1Put beef, onion flakes, cayenne pepper barbecue sauce, sea salt, egg and bread crumbs into bowl.
- 2Mix together with your hands until everything is well combined.
- 3Divide into four and shape into burgers.
- 4Cook in a frying pan with a little bit of oil for 5 minutes on each side or put onto a Foreman like grill for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5While the burgers are cooking, pit your avocado and scrape the insides into a bowl.
- 6Add the lime juice and pinch of sea salt and mash with a fork until nearly smooth.
- 7To assemble the burgers, spread a good dollop of the avocado mixture onto the bottom part of each bun.
- 8Place the burger on top of that and then give each burger a slice of tomato and red onion.
- 9Put the other half of the bun on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kinda Sorta Tex Mex Burger
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Sodium 735.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 30.8 g