My friend Kelly gave me this recipe. We have it at nearly every party and I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't love it!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 ounce taco seasoning (that is 1/2 regular sized packet)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups guacamole
- 1⁄2 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 20 slices pickled jalapeno peppers
- Blend cream cheese, beans, salsa, taco seasoning and sour cream until smooth. Spread onto a very large tray (approx. 14" in diameter) or two regular-sized plates.
- Place several dollops of guacamole all over the bean layer, then spread lightly with a spatula to cover.
- Then layer on lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and chiles, olives, cilantro and jalapenos.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- This is a very versatile recipe. Add or remove ingredients as you like. Enjoy!