1 hr 25 mins
When living in New Mexico, I learned the difference in New Mexican food from Mexican food. Here is my version of the great food that region of the country serves. The green chilies are a must and do not make the dish too spicy for those who cannot tolerate spicy foods. Notes You can also use corn or wheat tortillas if you prefer. You can alter the amounts of ingredients to taste, but I found this works best. Offer additional toppings such as shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream to complete this great dish! Let me know how you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Boil whole chicken until meat is no longer pink.
- 3Remove skin and debone meat, shred meat and set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Open all of the cans (except for one of the green enchilada sauce cans), cheese, tortillas, near microwave.
- 6Place dessert sized plate in microwave.
- 7Place one tortilla on plate in microwave.
- 8Microwave tortilla for 8 seconds ONLY.
- 9Remove tortilla, place in a 13x9 baking pan (metal or glass).
- 10Put 1 tablespoons enchilada sauce lengthwise on middle of tortilla.
- 11Follow with 1 tablespoons black beans, 1 tablespoons cheese, and 1/4 cup chicken.
- 12Roll up enchilada.
- 13Repeat process until all tortillas are filled and rolled in pan.
- 14Top with enchilada sauce until tortillas are thinly but evenly covered. (If you need the 2nd can, open it).
- 15Top sauce with remaining cheese, black olive slices and green chilies.
- 16Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 17ENJOY (and expect A LOT of compliments).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karens New Mexican Chicken Enchiladas Verde
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1271.5
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 1984.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 64.0 g