Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When living in New Mexico, I learned the difference in New Mexican food from Mexican food. Here is my version of the great food that region of the country serves. The green chilies are a must and do not make the dish too spicy for those who cannot tolerate spicy foods. Notes You can also use corn or wheat tortillas if you prefer. You can alter the amounts of ingredients to taste, but I found this works best. Offer additional toppings such as shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream to complete this great dish! Let me know how you like it!
- Boil whole chicken until meat is no longer pink.
- Remove skin and debone meat, shred meat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open all of the cans (except for one of the green enchilada sauce cans), cheese, tortillas, near microwave.
- Place dessert sized plate in microwave.
- Place one tortilla on plate in microwave.
- Microwave tortilla for 8 seconds ONLY.
- Remove tortilla, place in a 13x9 baking pan (metal or glass).
- Put 1 tablespoons enchilada sauce lengthwise on middle of tortilla.
- Follow with 1 tablespoons black beans, 1 tablespoons cheese, and 1/4 cup chicken.
- Roll up enchilada.
- Repeat process until all tortillas are filled and rolled in pan.
- Top with enchilada sauce until tortillas are thinly but evenly covered. (If you need the 2nd can, open it).
- Top sauce with remaining cheese, black olive slices and green chilies.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- ENJOY (and expect A LOT of compliments).