1/4 Photos of Jicama Salad (Mexico)
A refreshing and crunchy salad with just a hint of "heat". This is from The American Cafe Market in Washington DC. We have to thank our Mexican neighbors for introducing us to jicama!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, then slice the jicama in half length-wise and cut it into julienne "sticks" 2-inch by 1/8-inch.
- 2Split the zucchini in half and cut it into 2-inch by 1/8-inch julienne "sticks".
- 3Peel, halve and slice the carrot into 2-inch by 1/8-inch julienne "sticks".
- 4Cut the red onion into 1/8-inch half moons.
- 5Combine the vegetables into a salad bowl.
- 6In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegars, honey, salt , cayenne and cilantro.
- 7Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss to mix well.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jicama Salad (Mexico)
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 305.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar