A refreshing and crunchy salad with just a hint of "heat". This is from The American Cafe Market in Washington DC. We have to thank our Mexican neighbors for introducing us to jicama!! :)
- Peel, then slice the jicama in half length-wise and cut it into julienne "sticks" 2-inch by 1/8-inch.
- Split the zucchini in half and cut it into 2-inch by 1/8-inch julienne "sticks".
- Peel, halve and slice the carrot into 2-inch by 1/8-inch julienne "sticks".
- Cut the red onion into 1/8-inch half moons.
- Combine the vegetables into a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegars, honey, salt , cayenne and cilantro.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss to mix well.