1/4 Photos of Jicama Salad (Mexico)
A refreshing and crunchy salad with just a hint of "heat". This is from The American Cafe Market in Washington DC. We have to thank our Mexican neighbors for introducing us to jicama!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, then slice the jicama in half length-wise and cut it into julienne "sticks" 2-inch by 1/8-inch.
- 2Split the zucchini in half and cut it into 2-inch by 1/8-inch julienne "sticks".
- 3Peel, halve and slice the carrot into 2-inch by 1/8-inch julienne "sticks".
- 4Cut the red onion into 1/8-inch half moons.
- 5Combine the vegetables into a salad bowl.
- 6In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegars, honey, salt , cayenne and cilantro.
- 7Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss to mix well.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jicama Salad (Mexico)
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 305.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar