Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Put this together (in a pinch) when I was making tacos and realized I was out of taco seasoning packets. Liked it so well, I haven't bought a seasoning packet since. I keep it on hand in my spice rack and use it for more than just tacos.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon goya brand adobo seasoning (substitute seasoning salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt if you don't have Adobo)
- 1 teaspoon knorr brand tomato instant bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 dashes ground cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl, then store in a spice jar or airtight container.
Another great home-made recipe that fits the bill for making things at home rather than buying a packet (over-priced!).....Good job! I also added basil to mine, and skipped the cilantro and all that cayenne because The Peanut Gallery doesn't approve of it and we're a bunch of lily-livered Germans and Norwegians who don't like hot stuff! :-) *PAC Autumn 09*