Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the back label on a bag of cherry tomatoes. The recipe is from the BC Hot House Foods' Company in Canada. For the best results, do not use old tomatoes for this recipe. Gold cherry tomatoes are a delicious alternate tomato for this recipe, too!
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, ripe but firm, cut into eighths
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh Greek oregano, minced (optional, my addition)
- 2 green chilies, your choice for spiciness factor, seeded* and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- *NOTE: Do not seeds the chilies if you want a spicier salsa.
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and stir carefully. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, then chill 1 hour.
- Best eaten within a day.
Very fresh bright tasting salsa thank you for posting