Delicious tacos everytime!
Make and share this Honey Lime Shrimp Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, from canned chipolte bell pepper
- shredded lettuce or cabbage
- shredded cheese
- avocado, slices
- Warm tortillas in a dry skillet or lightly fry in a small amount of oil until crisp.
- Heat oil in medium skillet.
- Add shrimp and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until mostly pink.
- Stir in lime juice, honey, and Mexican seasoning.
- Cook for about 5 minutes more until mixture is thick and glazes the shrimp.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and adobo sauce to make Chipolte Cream.
- Spoon shrimp into tortilla and top with garnishes and a dollop of Chipolte Cream.
This was a great recipe. A wonderful blend of sweet and spice! Only the chipotle cream had any kick to it so it was perfect to share with my 5yr old. We both loved the flavor in the shrimp (he just had a little regular sour cream), and I loved the subtle chipotle flavor roo.
Tacos is such a different kind of recipe that you can eat it anytime! You can eat tacos in the morning, snack, and even at night! And this recipe is really amazing! I will try this, surely my hubby will love this!
I had about 3/4 lb of colossal shrimp that I had already cooked last night that had no seasoning on them. So, I looked up a good recipe on Recipezaar for Mexican seasoning, halved it, and sauteed my shrimp in that with some butter. For the chipolte cream sauce, I found that 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce was not enough. I ended up using about 4 teaspoons of the adobo sauce, about 3 teaspoons of honey and 1/2 cup of sour cream. I also added about 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice to this cream sauce. I filled my tortillas with the shrimp seasoned with the mexican seasoning, then shredded cabbage, then the chipolte cream sauce that I had "livened" up. LOVED IT!!!