Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very heart warming soup much like a chicken soup but much more flavorful. I make this alot in winter especially during times that my family is sick. It also freezes well and I often ffreeze it into individual portions so I can warm up 1 bowl at a time if need be.My husband likes to add Tapatio or Valentin hot sauce to his soup after I serve him, I like a little he likes alot so this is optional according to your own taste.
- 1 lb cubed beef stew meat (or short ribs, ox tail)
- 3 ears corn (I like to use small frozen corn approx. 9 sml.pieces)
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 -4 zucchini, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 4 -5 large cubed potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 -4 lemons (for your soup after serving)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle hot sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- Put about a tbsp of oil in bottom of large stock pot turn heat to med high and braise meat in pot with onion and a head of garlic.
- Fill pot with water 1/2 way full.
- Place all of the vegetables into pot and fill with more water if needed.
- Add can of tomato sauce and season lightly.
- After 1 hour Taste broth and add more seasoning if needed.
- Let cook on Med high for 3 hours or until meat is tender and easily shreds.