2 hrs 20 mins
This is a very heart warming soup much like a chicken soup but much more flavorful. I make this alot in winter especially during times that my family is sick. It also freezes well and I often ffreeze it into individual portions so I can warm up 1 bowl at a time if need be.My husband likes to add Tapatio or Valentin hot sauce to his soup after I serve him, I like a little he likes alot so this is optional according to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cubed beef stew meat (or short ribs, ox tail)
- 3 ears corn (I like to use small frozen corn approx. 9 sml.pieces)
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 -4 zucchini, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 4 -5 large cubed potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 -4 lemons (for your soup after serving)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle hot sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1Put about a tbsp of oil in bottom of large stock pot turn heat to med high and braise meat in pot with onion and a head of garlic.
- 2Fill pot with water 1/2 way full.
- 3Place all of the vegetables into pot and fill with more water if needed.
- 4Add can of tomato sauce and season lightly.
- 5After 1 hour Taste broth and add more seasoning if needed.
- 6Let cook on Med high for 3 hours or until meat is tender and easily shreds.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homestyle Caldo De Rez Soup
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 1108.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper