Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to me by a very nice cocktail waitress at a little neighborhood Mexican restaurant called Dave and Dar's in Denver about 25 years ago. The restaurant is long gone, but te recipe still lingers.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add coffee.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Add vanilla and grain alcohol.
- Bottle and let set for at least one week, and preferably a month or longer, before serving.
- Note: I have also had it after allowing it to age for 15 minutes, and it was still pretty good, but definitely a little rough around the edges.
I, too, have been making this for many. many years. Now that I go to bed a lot earlier than I used to, I make it with decaf instant coffee. The PERFECT nightcap!
I have been making this ever since college.. Only instead of using 3 cups of sugar, I use 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of white Karo syrup.. Makes it smoother! Enjoy!
thank you for this recipe my husband and I spend a lot of money on kahlua and this recipe it's going to save us a lot of money.