Absolutely DELICIOUS. I found this recipe in a book called, '30-Minute Recipes From Around the World. It is actually tweaked a bit here the way I love it.
- Cook your chicken with your favorite seasonings, even if just salt and pepper. I personally like to add garlic salt to mine.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, monterey jack cheese and one can of green chilies together.
- Put equal portions of the mixture onto each tortillas using a big spoon, line them up enclosed side face down in a 9x13 dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add flour and stir until it is smoothened. Pour in the broth and when it s boiling, continue to stir until the sauce is thick. Add in the cumin, garlic powder and the last can of green chilies, stir to mix.
- Pour all over the tortillas and top with cheddar cheese, and now you've got yourself enchiladas!
- Bake for about 15 minutes in a 375°F oven.