This soup is my take on the classic chicken enchilada soup recipe. All my friends love this one and are always asking for the recipe.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) canold el paso enchilada sauce (mild)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 cups water
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- sliced avocado
- Boil chicken breast for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Saute garlic and onions in butter.
- Add flour and brown to form a light brown roux.
- Add water, chicken bouillon, enchilada sauce, shredded chicken, drained corn & Rotel tomatoes.
- Season with seasoned salt and paprika. More or less may be added to suit your tastebuds.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Top with shredded cheese, avocados, and tortilla chips.
Great Soup. Would cut down on the Boul cubes though
OH MY GOSH! This is fantastic! Everyone loved it. My 10yr old son hates soup, he asked to take some to school. That says a lot. My husband had 2 bowls, he never has seconds on dinner unless he really likes something. Will be making this often. Thanks, Kelly!