A nice fitness lunch to keep you going all day! It's tastier than you would think considering the ingredients. Chipotle lovers may prefer Black Bean Dip for the dip or the easiest way is to use prepared dip from the jar. I love Guiltless Gourmet's Spicy Black Bean Dip or Desert Pepper Trading Company's Spicy Black Bean Dip. Based on a recipe from Ellie Krieger's Healthy Appetite, this serves two as an entree or eight as an appetizer.
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas or 4 small corn tortillas
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Black Bean Dip
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 7 1⁄2 ounces black beans, from the can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare 1/2 cup black bean dip: saute onions in the oil for about two minutes until they soften, stirring in the garlic and jalapeno and cooking for one minute more; put the beans in a food processor, add the onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and spread 2 tablespoons of black bean dip on top of each; top with tomato and cabbage and bake for 10 minutes; remove the pizzas from the oven and sprinkle cilantro on each; cool slightly and cut into wedges.