1/2 Photos of Healthy Lite Steak Salad
Quick, lite, and generally healthy yet satisfying for the meat lover. This recipe is a variation on a basic steak salad with a delicious dressing and additional spices. Great southwest flavor always gets high marks from guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skirt steak (or Flank Steak)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 cups roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1Mix the onion powder, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper; rub mixture onto both sides of steak. Let that sit at room temp while you prepare the other items.
- 2Chop romaine lettuce and separate into 4 bowls. Rinse corn and divide into the 4 bowls of lettuce. Drain and rinse black beans and divide into the 4 bowls. Chop green onions and divide into the 4 bowls. Chop Roma tomatoes and divide into the 4 bowls.
- 3Now make the dressing. Mix sour cream and butter milk in a bowl with the garlic salt, white wine vinegar, parsley, black pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper. Put it in the refrigerator while you prepare the steak.
- 4Heat olive oil on high heat in iron skillet until very hot. Place steak in hot skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side or to medium rare. Remove steak to cutting board and let rest for a couple of minutes while you remove the dressing from the refrigerator. Now cut thin strips of meat and place as a crown on the bowls of salad.
- 5Spoon a bit of dressing over steak and salad and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Lite Steak Salad
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.8
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 443.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar