Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri-Show: Guy's Big Bite Episode: Seafood Shack. It's easy and got a great kick! This is great on fish sandwiches! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime zest and juice, chipotle, sugar, vinegar and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fold in the cabbage, onion, bell peppers, scallions, and cilantro and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!
Used all mayo and all lime juice (no sour cream or vinegar). This is a great change from typical cole slaws. Even my BF who claims to not like cabbage slaw loved this. I needs a few hours in the refirgerator for the flavors to blend before eating. I've made it twice now, and will certainly make it again.
This is my go to recipe for cole slaw now.. I love the taste of the cilantro and chipolte lime based dressing..All my friends and family now use this too.. Great with everything you normally have slaw with.
this is delicious I pretty much made as stated only I omitted the cilantro and added in 1 teaspoon garlic powder to the mayo mixture, this only gets better with refrigeration time, thank you for posting Sharon, this was made for KK's Green event