Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Who doesn't like some version of a taco, there are so many. This is one of my family’s favorites, as long as they get to pick their own toppings.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan add ground beef, salt, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika, and enough water to cover meat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about an hour.
- Add bell pepper and onion. Continue simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. (Until bell pepper and onion are fully cooked).
- Meat can be used at this time or cooled for later depending on your meal schedule. I like to make the meat mixture ahead of time.
- Full Corn Tortilla Shells just about 1/2 way full or desired amount.
- Put into a preheated oven (300) for about 10 minutes or until completed heated through.
- Ready to Serve!
- Taco Toppings: Shredded Lettuce,Chopped Tomatoes, Cheese Sauce, Shredded Cheese, Mexican Blend), Chopped Onions, Black Sliced Olives, Sliced jalapeno, Refried Beans, Sour cream, Guacamole, Hot Sauce, Taco Sauce, Scallions (green onions), Mexican corn, Salsa . . . . to be continued.
I used a slightly modified version of these seasonings: 2 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp cumin, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cayenne, and it turned out great. I also just used a whole onion, and no pepper. This is way better than the pre-packaged stuff... I'll be making it again and again!
Very tasty taco filling. we usually just use a seasoning packet but I didn't have one so I tried this tonight. It was easy to prepare but did take longer to cook but well worth it. My very picky four year old ate 2 tacos tonight. Thanks for a great recipe.