Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the recipe my mom always uses for enchiladas, and nothing else compares for me! This also can be prepared ahead of time, as it freezes well and can be warmed up in the oven when you need a quick meal.
- Combine sauce mix with tomato paste and three cups water in a medium sauce pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain fat.
- Add garlic salt, parsley flakes, chili powder, and vinegar, and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of the prepared sauce to the ground beef mixture.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce in a 12 x 8 x 2 baking dish.
- Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture on each of the tortillas.
- Roll tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes; OR microwave for 10 minutes on 70% power.
I first reviewed this 7 years ago, five stars then, five stars now....I am still making this regularly and still being asked for the recipe!
I happen to have a can of green chili sauce on hand. Also added some cumin to the ground beef as well as onions and fresh garlic. Then did same as recipe. Quite good considering I used a can sauce.
I don't know what I did wrong, but the fresh tortillas wouldn't hold; the mixture was way too wet; and we ended up eating "enchilda sandwiches". Tasted OK, but not worth the trouble.