Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was one of my son's favorite dishes when he was growing up.
Make and share this Gringo Enchiladas (Turkey With White Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 (4 ounce) cansdiced mild green chilies (drained)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked turkey (about 1-1/4 pounds) or 2 1⁄2 cups chicken (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup commercial medium salsa
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat; saute onions for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add broth, stirring with a wire whisk.
- Add to saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in diced green chilis.
- Remove from heat; stir in Monterey Jack cheese. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Gradually stir in sour cream.
- Combine 1 cup cheese mixture, turkey, and salsa in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Wrap stacked tortillas in a damp towel and microwave on HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Spread 1/2 cup turkey mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place, seam down, on a 13- x 9- x 2 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining cheese mixture over tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Allow to stamd for a few minutes before serving.