Galley Wench's Note:
This was one of my son's favorite dishes when he was growing up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced mild green chilies (drained)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey (about 1-1/4 pounds) or 2 1/2 cups chicken (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup commercial medium salsa
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat; saute onions for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add broth, stirring with a wire whisk.
- 3Add to saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 4Stir in diced green chilis.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in Monterey Jack cheese. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 6Gradually stir in sour cream.
- 7Combine 1 cup cheese mixture, turkey, and salsa in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- 8Wrap stacked tortillas in a damp towel and microwave on HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds.
- 9Spread 1/2 cup turkey mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- 10Place, seam down, on a 13- x 9- x 2 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 11Pour remaining cheese mixture over tortillas.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- 13Allow to stamd for a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gringo Enchiladas (Turkey With White Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.2
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 1465.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 32.6 g