1/1 Photo of Grilled Tequila Salmon
This recipe comes from British Columbia cooking teacher Jane Baily. The steaks are moist with a real Mexican kick. Add green rice, a side salad, make the Margaritas and let the party begin!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate peel from limes & place in a bowl.
- 2Squeeze out 1/2 cup juice from limes.
- 3Add to bowl along with tequila & oil.
- 4Finely chop peppers and stir into lime mixture along with sugar, chili powder & salt.
- 5Place salmon into large resealable plastic bag.
- 6To support the bag, place in a large bowl.
- 7Pour marinade over fish and seal bag.
- 8Let marinade for at least an hour--but preferably 4 hours.
- 9Lightly oil grill and turn BBQ to medium.
- 10Remove salmon from marinade & place directly on hot grill.
- 11BBQ, with lid closed, for about 7- 8 minutes per side or until a knife point inserted into the center of the salmon feels warm.
- 12While salmon is grilling, pour remaining marinade into a saucepan.
- 13Boil vigorously, uncovered, stirring often, until sauce is reduced by half--about 3 minutes.
- 14If you want a thicker sauce, add butter & whisk constantly for about another minute.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tequila Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 363.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: