This recipe comes from British Columbia cooking teacher Jane Baily. The steaks are moist with a real Mexican kick. Add green rice, a side salad, make the Margaritas and let the party begin!!!
- Grate peel from limes & place in a bowl.
- Squeeze out 1/2 cup juice from limes.
- Add to bowl along with tequila & oil.
- Finely chop peppers and stir into lime mixture along with sugar, chili powder & salt.
- Place salmon into large resealable plastic bag.
- To support the bag, place in a large bowl.
- Pour marinade over fish and seal bag.
- Let marinade for at least an hour--but preferably 4 hours.
- Lightly oil grill and turn BBQ to medium.
- Remove salmon from marinade & place directly on hot grill.
- BBQ, with lid closed, for about 7- 8 minutes per side or until a knife point inserted into the center of the salmon feels warm.
- While salmon is grilling, pour remaining marinade into a saucepan.
- Boil vigorously, uncovered, stirring often, until sauce is reduced by half--about 3 minutes.
- If you want a thicker sauce, add butter & whisk constantly for about another minute.