1/1 Photo of Grilled Taco Nachos
Fire up the grill or campfire! These are a staples for our weekend camping excursion trips. We found the basic recipe on Betty Crocker's website then just added to it. I suppose these could be made in the oven, but for some reason they just taste better over a fire. The ingredients here do not need to be exact since you may want to layer your nachos with more or less toppings. This is just the basic start.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- white corn tortilla chips (restaurant style, triangle shaped, salted)
- 1 lb zesty hot sausage (we like Bob Evans)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild green chilies (or jalapenos if you want extra spicy)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- aluminum foil (can use non-stick type)
- cooking spray
- 1Use aluminum foil to make 4 large sheets. Size will vary depending on how big the packets become. You will need enough to completely cover the chips and toppings.
- 2Spray inside of each sheet with cooking spray so the nachos do not stick. I would still suggest this step even if using non-stick foil.
- 3Make a pile of nacho chips in the middle of each foil sheet.
- 4Pile on your favorite toppings from the list above, or create your own (except sour cream).
- 5Fold over foil on tops to make packets (don't let any of those toppings fall out!) and place on the grill or grate over a low burning campfire.
- 6Let cook / steam for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and enjoy! As a note of caution, be careful when opening the packets as they will be hot and steam will be released. Top with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Taco Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1612.3
- Calories from Fat 1168
- Total Fat 129.7 g
- Saturated Fat 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 405.8 mg
- Sodium 4498.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 88.6 g