This is a Southern Living recipe and is just out of this world good. I loved the sauce. It also goes great with prime rib.
- 6 (8 ounce) New York strip steaks
- 1 1⁄2 cups steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 small avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place steak in a large heavy duty zip top plastic bag; add steak sauce and pepper.
- Seal bag; chill 30 minutes turning once.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice and remaining ingredients; cover and chill Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees) 7 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with guacamole.
This was very tasty. Who would've known to pair guac with steak? I used white wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar in place of lemon juice and omitted the dill. Make sure to season the guac to taste as this makes a big difference in the overall flavor. I skipped the steak sauce as well since I hate the stuff and just seasoned my steak with some garlic powder, salt and pepper. A very tasty meal. I'll be enjoying the rest of the guac today with some soft tacos. Thanks!
We enjoyed this but I thought the lemon juice overpowered the other flavors in the guacamole (before making this I was worried the horseradish would be too strong but it wasn't at all). Next time I will use just a splash of lemon juice. Thanks for posting. Made for PRMR.
very very excelent!!