This is a Southern Living recipe and is just out of this world good. I loved the sauce. It also goes great with prime rib.
- 6 (8 ounce) New York strip steaks
- 1 1⁄2 cups steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 small avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place steak in a large heavy duty zip top plastic bag; add steak sauce and pepper.
- Seal bag; chill 30 minutes turning once.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice and remaining ingredients; cover and chill Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees) 7 minutes on each side, or to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with guacamole.