Sweet, smoky, and delicious. The glaze is also good with shrimp, scallops, or any firm fish that can be grilled. This recipe came from the cookbook: Baja, Cooking on the Edge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 3 spiny lobsters (about 2 lbs each)
- 1Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the shallot, garlic and ginger until softened. MIx the cornstarch with the orange juice until dissolved. Pour into the saucepan and stir until thickened. Add salt, turn off heat and set glaze aside for 15 minutes. Strain glaze and add chipotles to taste. Keep warm.
- 2Preheat grill. Kill lobsters by inserting a sharp knike in between the head and tail to sever the spinal cord. Split the lobsters in half lengthwise and remove the dark vein and contents of head.
- 3Melt the remaining 2 tbsp butter and brush over lobster meat. Pour half of the glaze into a small bowl and brush the lobsters generously with the glaze. Place the lobsters on the grill over medium low heat, cut side up and close lid. Lobsters should remain shell down the whole time.
- 4Every 2 minutes, brush with more glaze. The lobsters will be done when the meat is firm and the juices bubble in the shell, about 5 - 7 minutes. Discard the remaining glaze used for basting.
- 5Serve lobsters with the reserved glaze on the side if desired.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lobster With Orange Chipotle Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 423.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo